Customer Service Engineer
August 12, 2019
Plan, control, coordinate, and perform equipment troubleshooting and installation oversight for Maxcess International products.
- Include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- General aftermarket support of Fife, FNA & MAGPOWR equipment
- Provide customers, field service & sales personnel with technical phone support
- Prepare & provide equipment upgrade & field service quotations
- Prepare & provide sensor test results based on customer material samples
- Support Assembly Department personnel in troubleshooting system faults found in pre-shipment testing.
- Prepare training materials, assist and/or conduct internal and external Maxcess product training
- Remain professional in all situations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Education and/or Experience: Associates degree or equivalent two year college/technical school with one to two years of related experience. Practical experience with five years of related experience in technical support and/or field service
- Language Skills: English communication skillset is primary, which will include written and verbal communication with both internal/external personnel and customers. Fluent Spanish communication skillset would be beneficial
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens, and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Microsoft Office Skills: Needs to be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Qualification not required, but would be very beneficial for the Technical Support position.
- Programming Skills & Networking Standards: Experience in any of the follow engineering disciplines. C, C++, IEC-61131-3 based programming (Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, Sequential Flow Chart…). Understanding of Ethernet based networking and IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocols (PTP)
- AutoCAD Skills: Experience with AutoCAD
- CRM & ERP Skills: Experience in Salesforce CRM and Epicor ERP
- Language Skills: Fluent in Spanish