Global Director of Aftermarket Sales and Service - Oklahoma City, OK
June 15, 2018
Maxcess helps its customers maximize productivity through innovative web handling products and services worldwide. By combining more than 340 years of global service and support across the storied brands of Fife, Tidland, MAGPOWR, Webex, Valley Roller, Menges Roller and Componex, Maxcess offers an unrivaled network of application experts. Visit them online www.maxcessintl.com
The Global Director of Aftermarket Sales and Service is responsible for the organizational leadership, direction, and oversight for Aftermarket Sales and Service. This position requires a results-driven professional with a proven track record, specifically in the business of Aftermarket Sales and Service. Emphasis will be on creation of new service products, along with preparing service product offerings and training for the District Managers with the goal of vigorously growing the Aftermarket business. This will include coordination of the service and repair efforts across all brands. Oversee the parts, repair, warranty, and field service teams and coordinate globally with regional business leaders.
- Create an overall strategy to optimize profits, reduce costs, improve margins, maximize utilization of resources and drive the overall effectiveness of the Aftermarket sector.
- Develop and maintain competitive analyses of market trends, competitive information, new opportunities and the voice of the customer.
- Be proactive in working with the Sales team, Product Managers, and regional business leaders to secure business as a result of analysis findings.
- Gain insight related to the aftermarket activity, pricing trends, and aftermarket opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales strategy for key accounts for the Aftermarket Sales and Service.
- Visit customers and sales representatives to enhance business opportunities and/or resolve outstanding issues.
- Provide insightful and action-oriented business plans utilizing marketing and financial tools to communicate strategy for differentiation and growth.
- Leverage current portfolio of products and services for each brand, aligned with business strategies, to drive growth.
- Initiate product revenue growth strategies including product family positioning, market and competitive analysis, market segmentation and market penetration.
- Responsible for providing forecasting inputs and updates based on the collective voice of the customer for the aftermarket business.
- Perform insightful competitor analysis and tactical action plans to gain market share, or defend base business.
- Develop detailed customer proposals/quotations.
- Develop and execute on pricing strategies consistent with product positioning.
- Effectively manipulate global databases to source new leads and drive product initiatives.
- Make recommendations to customers and District Managers regarding remedies for optimized performance (new parts, full repair, or purchase of new equipment).
- Keep management aware of potential threats to the business, including those related to warranty risks, customer satisfaction, competitors’ activities, and general market changes.
- Four year Engineering or Business degree or degree in related technical field required.
- Progressive Aftermarket Sales and Service experience with a minimum of three to five years technical sales and/or technical customer service background required.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within a manufacturing environment for mechanical engineering type equipment.
- A strong understanding or the ability quickly gain a strong understanding of products serving the converting industry.
- Lean and Six Sigma. Black Belt preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- A hands-on individual with a tenacious focus on identifying and closing new business opportunities.
- Excellence in critical thinking, decision making, and strategic growth.
- Strong market, financial and business acumen, ability to evaluate new business opportunities and measure risks.
- Experience in a metrics-driven environment, driving metrics and KPI’s.
- Strong negotiation, cognitive and analytical skills.
- Effective decision maker and problem solver.
- Detail oriented with planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative style.
- Self-motivated with results oriented execution.
- High degree of responsiveness.
- Management discipline.
- Position requires travel as needed, 50% minimum.
- Position based in Oklahoma City, OK
- Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus Plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision; Paid Vacation & Holidays, Disability, Life and AD & D, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with matching contributions.