Operations Manager - Wauconda, IL
November 27, 2018
Maxcess helps its customers maximize productivity through innovative web handling products and services worldwide. By combining more than 320 years of global service and support across the storied brands of Fife, Tidland, MAGPOWR, Webex, Valley Roller, Menges Roller and Componex, Maxcess offers an unrivaled network of application experts. Visit them online www.maxcessintl.com.
The Operations Manager for Menges Roller directs and coordinates activities of manufacturing department in safely processing materials and manufacturing products, insuring quality production and on-time delivery with maximum cost efficiency by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems. Compiles and maintains production data.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 60+ employees in Manufacturing, Maintenance, Manufacturing Engineering, and Shipping. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the production areas. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employee.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities. Demonstrates a sense of personal urgency.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data;
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, management, industrial technology or engineering and at least ten years of increasingly progressive managerial experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. .A Master’s degree is a plus.
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- A depth of knowledge and experience in lean principles and ISO quality systems.
- Demonstrates good communication, team building, and leadership skills.
- Strong computer and analytical skills in a multi-level BOM and MRP environment.
- Familiarity with stage gate development process and Design for Manufacturability (DFM).
- Ability to work within a matrix reporting environment.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally when requested.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus Plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision; Paid Vacation & Holidays, Disability, Life and AD & D, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with matching contributions.