Sales/Application Engineer - Neenah, WI
octobre 30, 2018
As the parent company for industry-leading brands Fife, MAGPOWR, Tidland, Webex, Valley Roller, Menges Roller, and Componex, Maxcess provides web handling products and services to the world’s most famous manufacturers. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, OK, Maxcess has domestic operations in Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Washington State, and Wisconsin; with foreign operations in Germany, Poland, China, Japan and India.
Maxcess-Webex is an established industry leader in designing and manufacturing precision rolls and specialized web handling machinery for a diversified set of customers within the web handling and converting industries. Our Company Mission is to be the leader in maximizing our customers’ productivity with innovative web handling products and services worldwide. We achieve our mission by asking our customers what they need, listening to them and delivering above their expectations.
We are looking for individuals to join our team to continue our path to Operational Excellence. Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you the kind of person who works hard to deliver world-class customer service? Are you committed to continuous learning in order to stay at the top of your profession? If so, we want you on our team.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including project organization, maintaining schedule, meeting customer needs and managing projects costs
- Provide engineering solutions to customer problems, handles all customer questions regarding technical applications, pricing, delivery, capabilities, etc.
- Receive and assess inquiries for roll pricing and manufacturing from customers
- Check roll design and specifications for sound engineering, manufacturability and good value. Review and approve production drawings prior to release to Manufacturing.
- Recommend changes in roller design and specifications to reduce cost, add value, increase manufacturing efficiency or improve performance
- Perform applications and design engineering functions to meet customer needs for specifying, quoting and manufacturing of rollers
- Prepare estimates of unit costs and overall manufacturing costs
- Process quotations listing pricing, specifications and exceptions
- Perform project management duties in support of roll order processing and manufacturing including coordination with customers, suppliers, Maxcess Webex outside sales representatives and all Maxcess Webex internal functions
- Set up preliminary manufacturing routings and assists in providing solutions to shop problems
- Perform internal sales functions including communicating the company’s capabilities while negotiating price, delivery and payment terms with customers
- Perform outside sales functions, visiting customers in person as needed
- Maintain records, files and databases for future reference
- Handle customer complaints and warranty issues, provide solutions and negotiate credits, refunds, or rework options
- Act as customer advocate and represent the customer’s interests with regard to quality issues and interpretation of customer’s needs and specifications
- Ability to work in conjunction with the design/engineering team to establish clear and sufficient data needed and or assist as needed
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to provide enthusiasm and creative solutions to meeting customer needs and achieving the company’s goals
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to “think on your feet”, creative problem solving, determine and advocate customer needs
- Personable and able to develop and maintain good relationships
- Ability to maintain composure, positive attitude and organization with multiple tasks amidst constant interruptions and conflicting priorities
- FINANCIAL APTITUDE
- Financial aptitude with knowledge of or ability to learn business concepts related to sales and marketing, forecasting, negotiating deals, estimating and tracking product and project costs
- Ability to negotiate with customers, suppliers and coworkers
- Ability to effectively balance between customer satisfaction and optimizing financial returns
- TECHNICAL APTITUDE
- Technical aptitude with the knowledge of or ability to learn engineering concepts related to web handling, stress and deflection, heat-transfer, fluid dynamics, metals and metallurgy, plating and coatings, rubber covering, balancing and power transmission
- Knowledge of or ability to learn machining and manufacturing procedures and practices
- Ability to read drawings and technical specifications of CAD work
- Knowledge of Windows based computer applications
- Knowledge of or ability to learn CAD software such as AutoCAD or Solid Works
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technology or Engineering with three to five years experience or Associate degree with five to seven years experience in design, sales, job shop, machining or web handling industries
- Able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions to accomplish goals and meet company objectives
- Ability to balance expectations for job duties with a creative approach for problem solving
- Infallible integrity and ethical standards
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus Plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision; Paid Vacation & Holidays, Disability, Life and AD & D, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with matching contributions.