Software Engineer - Camas, WA
marzo 20, 2019
Maxcess helps its customers maximize productivity through innovative web handling products and services worldwide. By combining more than 320 years of global service and support across the storied brands of Fife, Tidland, MAGPOWR, Webex, Valley Roller, Menges Roller and Componex, Maxcess offers an unrivaled network of application experts. Visit them online www.maxcessintl.com.
The Software Engineer – Control Group for Tidland is expected to develop expert knowledge of slitting applications & the potential solutions that Maxcess can provide its customers. During the quoting phase of new capital projects the incumbent is expected to support Sales on the technical & performance aspects. This position is responsible for the specification, development, testing, deployment and support of software applications that are routinely customized to meet user requirements and project needs. The creation of software code entail approximately 50% to 60% of the incumbent’s time, the remainder is testing out the newly developed code on the electro-mechanical system itself and interfacing directly with customers creating solutions to improve their operating effectiveness.
- Write and maintain high quality object-oriented Windows / Embedded Linux application code (MFC/C++/.NET) and documentation to fulfill project and customer requirements. Software involves user interface, motion control, I/O control, algorithm optimization, serial communication, and Ethernet communication.
- On-site support and installation of automated control systems using electrical, mechanical, and software experience. Travel is required up to 15%.
- In-house and on-site customer training and troubleshooting.
- Interaction and coordination with marketing, sales, electrical, mechanical, production personnel and customers throughout the production cycle.
- Support the development of new product offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree from a recognized college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience with Bachelor’s degree or 5 years related experience with Associate’s degree.
- EPICOR / ERP system knowledge a plus.
- Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus Plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision; Paid Vacation & Holidays, Disability, Life and AD&D, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) with matching contributions.