Commodity Manager - Oklahoma City
6月 20, 2019
Manages a portfolio of commodity (purchased part category) suppliers:
Accountable for delivering and implementation of a comprehensive strategic supply strategy (for their respective commodity) to the Executive Leadership Team.
Portfolio designations include- Preferred, Potential, No New Business and Desource. Suppliers are initially selected based on the commodity team’s recommendation (confirmed by the Executive Leadership Team).
Suppliers understand Commodity Manager is the “gatekeeper” to Maxcess opportunity.
The team, guided by the Commodity Manager, creates a strategy based on their insight of current purchase commodity needs + future requirements (vision and innovation).
Insures the supplier engagement processes (RFQ, negotiations, etc) are conducted with fairness and integrity.
Commodity Manager provides Supply Chain guidance to all Maxcess locations purchasing the commodity products.
This position is also responsible for the procurement of production materials and services, non-production materials and services, consumable tooling and capital equipment associated with the commodity of purchased products.
- The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee’s line of work.
- Major Duties
- Responsible for leading supplier selection and supplier engagement opportunities.
- Responsible for supplier development initiatives focused on improving delivery performance, reducing cost, and improving quality.
- Responsible for staying apprised of technology updates and recent trends within industry and related commodity products.
- Facilitates supplier led training with cross-functional departments to improve overall supply chain knowledge.
- Act as a change agent by supporting organizational/departmental continuous improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of organizational objectives.
- Responsible for purchasing materials, supplies and services.
- Potential Projects include:
- Negotiate annual cost reduction agreements and improve payment terms with the Top 5 ($ value) suppliers to the MWS facility
- Create standard (same report across all Rolls businesses) metrics for reporting Supplier Delivery and Quality
- Provide EPICOR Spending data to support the supplier rationalization process
- Provide support, using EPICOR, to insure daily Supply Chain operational activities continue while team members are out of the facility for extended periods (holidays, etc)
- Bachelors Degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years Supply Chain experience required
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Problem solving and prevention skills a must
- Epicor experience or similar ERP
- Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and Power Point
- APICS or ISM certification a plus