Global Product Manager - Camas, WA
4월 15, 2019
Maxcess helps its customers maximize productivity through innovative web handling products and services worldwide. By combining more than 320 years of global service and support across the storied brands of Fife, Tidland, MAGPOWR, Webex, Valley Roller, Menges Roller and Componex, Maxcess offers an unrivaled network of application experts. Visit them online www.maxcessintl.com.
The Global Product manager for Tidland is responsible for the global winding and slitting product lines. Beginning with the Voice of the Customer, this role plans, organizes, and controls the product lines from conceptual stages through the product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives. Responsibility also includes P&L, oversight of the respective product lines for North America, Europe and China.
- Directs the overall global product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates the technical product development of new products throughout the stage gate process.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Defines customer/market/product parameters for all new products and product improvement.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Defines product line strategy, prepares and implements tactical product line plans.
- Specifies product/market/customer requirements regarding promotions, advertising, shows and market research and coordinates these with the Marketing Group.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in company’s industry.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Assists in the development of pricing strategy & policies, generates sales aids, tools and supports the sales activity by conducting technical presentations.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for product line.
- Travels extensively (30%+), including all Maxcess International locations, to develop product strategies, lead product launches and provide technical support.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university with a marketing, business or engineering major, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years related experience and/or training. Experience should be broad-based and demonstrate results oriented, collaborative, team oriented and highly responsive performance.
- Demonstrated track record of providing leadership in product management in a complex and rapidly changing environment is essential.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Significant experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma is a plus.
- ERP system knowledge and experience is required – EPICOR preferred.
- Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus Plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision; Paid Vacation & Holidays, Disability, Life and AD&D, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) with matching contributions.