R&D Embedded Software Engineer - Oklahoma City, OK
November 12, 2019
The subject position is responsible for embedded real-time software/firmware development for industrial process control and communication type products.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to develop embedded systems in real-time embedded firmware by taking concepts through requirements, planning, design, code, test and integration.
- Must be able to develop product system level test/configuration application software by Microsoft C/C++.
- Must be able to set aggressive, well-defined goals and ensure quality performance against those goals
- Must have contemporary software engineering skills, and knowledge and application of effective processes throughout the software development cycle. Also, must have well-developed and detail-oriented approach to software coding and troubleshooting
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Will be required to travel to customer locations for researching product requirements definition and integration validation
- MS in computer or electrical engineering or related field with at least 2 years’ experience or a BSCE/BSEE with at least 4 years of experience as an embedded software engineer
- Skills and Abilities:
- With the embedded firmware development skills, candidate must be able to develop low level device drivers, port real time operating systems to custom platforms, and integrate Ethernet, USB, and various fieldbus communication stacks into these platforms.
- Must have working knowledge of priority-based multithreading software task development including resource conflicts, concurrency, multi-tasking and memory management.
- Have an understanding of serial communication such as I2C, SPI, and USART implemented using TTL, RS-232, or RS-485, in full or half duplex modes.
- User interface design using custom membrane and LED’s as well as complete GUI development for color touch screen systems.
- Develop closed loop control systems with DC, stepper, and brushless motors using motor current, velocity, and position feedback.
- Understanding of various sensor technologies such as visible/IR light, ultrasonic, inductive, capacitive, or camera-based systems and the ability to provide required control signals and interpret feedback.
- Must be familiar with Visual Studio and MFC
- Must have experience with embedded IDE platform such as Green Hills, Code Composer, Eclipse and GNU
- Experience with ARM-Thumb/RISC processors is a plus
- RTOS experience such as Thread X is a plus
- Experience with network and hardware communications and working knowledge of Ethernet, Wi-Fi interface and internet protocols (TCP/IP) is a plus
- Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision, Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick leave, Disability, Life and AD&D, 401(k) with Matching Contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts and Tuition Reimbursement.