R&D Mechanical Design CAD Specialist - Oklahoma City, OK
November 12, 2019
The subject position requires supporting mechanical research and development design effort by providing mechanical CAD skills to model 3D solids and produce associated drawings to ANSI and ISO GD&T standards for releasing product to manufacturing. It also requires interpreting our industrial process control products with respect to its technology, application, installation and operation by producing illustrations, written descriptions and instructions.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist mechanical engineers in mechanical designs/developments and prepare documentation including detailed mechanical drawings of components and assemblies.
- To provide input to mechanical design team regarding optimization of mechanical components including considerations of design-for-manufacturability and cost
- To assist in design and documentation of test fixture to validate design and life cycle spec.
- To research and provide assistance in component selection and procurement process
- To be responsible for planning, developing and supporting product technical documentation, including specification, technical notes, and other technical literature.
- To work closely with R&D product design/development teams and marketing to write the appropriate customer documentation (e.g., quick start brochure, user’s guide and service manuals, etc.) using industry-standard desktop publishing tools. The documentation will address customer needs including product installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience as a mechanical CAD/Design Drafter
- Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in 2D CAD (AutoCAD) and 3D CAD (Solidworks is preferred) based design
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must have excellent writing, editing, and multi-tasking skills
- Must have excellent analytical and fact-finding abilities
- Must have excellent interpersonal communications skills - must be able to lead documentation review meetings
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must take initiative to learn new concepts and willing to take responsibility of design/drawing related documentation activities.
- Must be able to generate and organize support documents like test reports, assembly documentation, etc
- Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision, Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick leave, Disability, Life and AD&D, 401(k) with Matching Contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts and Tuition Reimbursement.