R&D Mechanical Engineer - Oklahoma City, OK
November 12, 2019
The subject position requires hands-on machine design expertise with a strong FEA and mechanical 3D solid modeling design skills in a product development environment.
- Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for design and development of mechanical product components from concept through production. It also includes the thorough design analysis and optimization of mechanical components including considerations of design-for-manufacturability and cost.
- To be able to design in 3D solid and verify the design after prototype and test. The responsibility also includes designing test fixture to validate design and life cycle spec.
- To be responsible for checking drawings and bill of materials
- BSME /MSME (preferred) with an emphasis on machine design.
- At least 3-5 yrs of experience as a mechanical engineer.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent machine design skills
- Must have excellent analytical and fact finding abilities
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and must be capable of working effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Must be able to handle multiple project simultaneously
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the ISO and ANSI GD&T and other established mechanical drafting practices.
- Must have extensive knowledge of machine shop practices
- Must have strong FEA ( preferably COSMOS)background
- Must be proficient in 3D solid modeling( Preferably SolidWorks)
- Must have solid understanding of material properties
- Must have direct experience with methods such as casting, forming, stamping, and extrusion
- Maxcess offers competitive pay and benefits including; Bonus plans, Wellness Program, Health, Dental and Vision, Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick leave, Disability, Life and AD&D, 401(k) with Matching Contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts and Tuition Reimbursement.