Many have asked what Maxcess is doing in response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Let me take a moment to address what we are doing on both a business and personal level to support the people of Ukraine during this difficult and challenging time.
To be very clear, Maxcess is horrified by the Russian aggression against the Ukrainian people. We fully support our NATO allies and the Ukrainian people in the wake of Vladimir Putin’s invasion of the country. We wholeheartedly agree with the current economic sanctions imposed against Russia and will adhere to those sanctions as a global organization.
To summarize, our current business position includes the following:
- Maxcess is currently limiting business dealings with Russian entities with respect to various sanction laws.
- At present, Maxcess will only consider the supply of Maxcess goods for food production, personal care, healthcare, pharmaceutical and other essential / life supporting items
- Effective immediately, all transaction activity with Russian customers, vendors or service providers must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and approved by compliance personnel
From a business perspective, we are proud to join many other organizations in showing our support for the Ukrainian people. Equally as important, I want to highlight some additional initiatives underway at a corporate and regional level to support our Ukrainian associates in Poland, including:
- Extra paid vacation days to Ukrainian associates impacted by the crisis
- Financial support to Ukrainian employees for additional living expenses for commuting, travel or needed relocation
- Support and extended leave for Maxcess Ukrainian employees who wish to return to Ukraine and defend their country
We have put together a recommended list of vetted organizations that you can personally donate to with the money directly benefitting the Ukrainian people. These organizations are listed with links below:
- directrelief.org – Direct Relief is working with Ukraine’s Ministry of Health and other groups in the region to provide requested medical aid.
- mercycorps.org – Mercy Corps is on the ground in Ukraine, Romania and Poland providing funding to local organizations and working to meet the most urgent humanitarian needs in the region.
- internationalmedicalcorps.org – provide lifesaving healthcare and supplies to children, families and communities that have lost everything due to the conflict
- savethechildren.org – donations provide essential humanitarian aid to children in war torn Ukraine and Syria
These are all excellent organizations with donations directly going to the Ukrainian people when and where they need it most.
At Maxcess, we pride ourselves on our ability to do the right thing. I am proud of our associates who are volunteering to help the brave Ukrainian people to defend their country. Our commitment to unity and peace will overcome the challenges and bring stability back to Ukraine.