Tidland Edge-Trim Specifications
- Simplified ConnectionsRequires only 110 (or 220) VAC single-phase power and two
easy-to-wire interconnect lines between the touchscreen control and
edge trim units. Input air connections are (also) required for the knife
control and pneumatic brakes RS-485 communication and 24 VDC power cables
- Touch ScreenIndustrial touch screen PC
- Actuator ControlLead screw actuator with stepper motor
- Control ConsoleCompact and rugged control console enables many mounting options
- Anvil MotorsZiehl-Abegg 3-phase External-Rotor-AC dust sealed motors enable
a wide range of operating speeds and torque values.
Gear reducers are available for slow speed applications
Automated or Manual Version
- Construction Heavy duty steel construction with non-corrosive nickel plated finish
- KnifeholdersPerformance Series Class II and Class III
- CarriageModular mounts (bottom and back mount available), linear bearings,
critical blade geometry is maintained as the unit is positioned
- Trim WidthsStandard trim support 142.2 mm (narrower and wider supports are available)
Maximum trim of 381 mm possible
- Remote PositioningOptional lead screw and handwheel with mechanical readout (manual version only)
Reduce waste and increase productivity with Tidland’s Edge-Trim, a self-contained shear slitting unit for continuously moving flexible webs. Blade setup time is virtually eliminated during trim changes by quickly repositioning the knife pair (upper and lower blades) simultaneously, without disturbing the slit geometry to maintain the highest level of trim quality.
The Edge-Trim is available in manual or automated configurations.
Additional Options Available
Integration: Can be configured to run from customer’s PC via stand-alone program or an existing Human Machine Interface (i.e. RsView32, Wonderware).
Automated Controls: User-friendly, intuitive operations and touch-screen controls, highly accurate absolute web width patterns, incremental positioning, position accuracy of ± 0.2 mm.