Guidelines for functioning in an electronic world are the same as the values, ethics and confidentiality policies employees are expected to live every day, whether you’re Twittering, talking with customers or chatting over the neighbor’s fence.
Remember, your responsibility to Maxcess doesn’t end when you are off the clock. For that reason, this policy applies to both company sponsored social media and personal use as it relates to Maxcess.
What You Should Do:
- Disclose your Affiliation: If you talk about work related matters that are within your area of job responsibility you must disclose your affiliation with Maxcess.
- State That It’s YOUR Opinion: When commenting on the business. Unless authorized to speak on behalf of Maxcess, you must state that the views expressed are your own. Hourly employees should not speak on behalf of Maxcess when they are off the clock.
- Protect Yourself: Be careful about what personal information you share online
- Act responsibly and ethically: When participating in online communities, do not misrepresent yourself. If you are not a vice president, don’t say you are.
- Honor Our Differences: Maxcess will not tolerate discrimination (including age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations or ordinances).
What You Should Never Disclose:
- The Numbers: Non-public financial or operational information. This includes strategies, forecasts and most anything with a dollar-figure attached to it. If it’s not already public information, it’s not your job to make it so.
- Personal Information: Never share personal information about our customers or associates.
- Legal Information: Anything to do with a legal issue, legal case, or attorneys without first checking with legal.
- Anything that belongs to someone else: Let them post their own stuff; you stick to posting your own creations. This includes illegal music sharing, copyrighted publications, and all logos or other images that are trademarked by Maxcess.
- Confidential Information: Do not publish, post, or release information that is considered confidential or top secret. Basically, if you find yourself wondering if you can talk about something you learned at work — don’t. Follow Maxcess and Berwind Code of Conduct and other policies policies and live the company’s values and philosophies. They’re there for a reason. Just in case you are forgetful or ignore the guidelines above, here’s what could happen. You could:
- Be terminated (and it’s embarrassing to lose your job for something that’s so easily avoided)
- Get Maxcess in legal trouble with customers or ownership
- Cost us the ability to get and keep customers
Remember: protect the brand, protect yourself.
Finally, here are some policies you should keep in mind whenever you are communicating about or on behalf of Maxcess